(2010 Jan 27) //TENSE// interview for Swamp Bats

The Archive is a place dedicated to documenting and preserving the history of Witch House.
zin
ɅDM†N

(2010 Jan 27) //TENSE// interview for Swamp Bats

Post Posted

Original link:
https://swampbats.wordpress.com/tense/
Click to read
Interview with TENSE

TENSE is a group from Houston, TX.
Bobby Lane + Mariana Kunst Fascion

Where are you from:

Houston, Texas

Where are you now:

Houston

How long have you been at it:

//TENSE// = over 3 years, dj/promotion = 9 years

What got you started:

I really wanted to create music that I wanted to hear on the dance floor. I felt there was a void in modern dark electronic music that needed to be filled. This has all been my personal homage to WaxTrax! Records circa 1986-1989.

video by Tommyboy

What else do you do:

Work a day job, collect too many records and too many books.

How do you keep it together:

I don’t. I lose it all the fukkin time.

What are you reading:

A collection of Bradbury short stories entitled the ‘Small Assasin’. Loads of 50-70s sci-fi.

What comedy and/or comedians are you into:

In Living Color Seasons 1 and 2.

What are you listening to, lately:

The Genetic Terrorists – “White Stains” and loads of Adrian Sherwood produced projects from the mid-80s…TACKHEAD, Mark Stewart and the Maffia, Ministry, Cabaret Voltaire….

Worked any fucked-up jobs? Do tell:

Pizza delivery driver. Line cook at a Wendys…midnight shift at a Diamond Shamrock (pre-Valero). I used to hang out with and feed the local homeless guy, he was really nice. I ended up working with a psycho ex-con who walked with a cane because he had been hit by a cop car while fleeing. That was fun.

Played any fucked-up shows:

Umm, yea, you were probably there.

With whom, if anyone, do you roll:

My Dallas/Ft. Worth crew and when they feel like being sociable and not their normal awkward butthole selves: my Houston friends.

Where are you headed:

The Edge of Insanity.

Where is the rest of it headed:

Total shit. Really, I look at society and just don’t understand 98% of the things that are popular. Thank God for the Jersey Shore.

What can you do about it:

Live my life, choose my allies wisely and do what I do.

Are there any people you’d like to mention who’ve helped you work it out:

Rich System, Dommie B., The Jewelry, Tommy Boy, Jake Schrock, Lars Larsen….read my thanks list when my record comes out.

People to look for:

WHITE CAR (Chicago), Corporate Park (DFW), How I Quit Crack, Voidmate, Chad Allen (Austin), Ben Aqua (Austin)

People to look out for, because they are bad news:

Dommie B.

Anything you have in the works, on the ready, or on the horizon:

I have a limited cassette ep that should be in the post to my house as we speak, the ‘Memory’ 12″ is next on the release schedule for Desire Records (http://www.facebook.com/pages/desire/249426295197)…and I AM CONSTANTLY working on new music and learning new tricks. Expect more BEATS in 2010 and beyond.

Anything else you want to pass on:

DIY, teach yourself new tricks, make money, don’t depend on anyone else. Drink lots of water.

Tense live at Beauty Bar, Austin, TX. video by Tina Forbis

Tags: