V†LENCE - Apophenia (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

V†LENCE - Apophenia (2011)

Post by zin »

1. PERVERSION_OF_THE_ACCOMPLISHMENTS_OF MY_ANCESTORS_INTO_THE_ACCOMPLISHMENTS_OF_MY_ANCE
2. BÅN:DN_M!
3. C:A√NÅRY_DR:3SS
4. ORANGE_HORIZON
5. TH-E_DR:IVE_IS_LON:G…
6. V†L£_3L3G¥
7. ƒRØS+
8. I_HØP3_U_CÅTCH_ÅID§__
9. BRITNEY_T34R§ (THE TRÅG¡PØÇÅL¥P§£ ØV BR¡TN3¥_T34R§)

https://auralsects.bandcamp.com/album/apophenia

Ok, so the first track may not give it away, but Violence's "Apophenia" is a witchhouse'y album. Check out the video promoting it ahead of the release date:

Hellish dark ambient on "BÅN:DN_M!", lo-fi trap rap of "C:A√NÅRY_DR:3SS" and "I_HØP3_U_CÅTCH_ÅID§__", Lynchian hauntology vibes on "TH-E_DR:IVE_IS_LON:G…", screw noise-rap of "V†L£_3L3G¥", creepiness of "ƒRØS+" and finally the single "BRITNEY_T34R§" - all scream witchhaus to me. The odd first track and "ORANGE_HORIZON" - feel a bit out of place, but overall don't ruin the experience. I can tell this album was quite experimental for the artist at the time, in terms of arrangements, 'the flow', etc, maybe it's not even supposed to work as an album and more as a showcase? Anyway, one for the WH history books.
yaka-anima

Re: V†LENCE - Apophenia (2011)

Post by yaka-anima »

V†L£_3L3G¥ & BÅN:DN_M! favorite tracks. and very funny artwork. i hope bandcamp games don't delete the release in the future for the explicit thing.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: