GL▲SS †33†H - GL▲SS †33†H EP (2011)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

GL▲SS †33†H - GL▲SS †33†H EP (2011)

Post Posted

1. NARC
2. girlz
3. fleshpalace
4. Dhyāna
5. prom queen

Photography by FetusFeces

DL:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Third release on the cult label Black Bvs Records, released in February 2011. The digital version used to be on Glass Teeth's bandcamp but some years ago he deleted all his social media (I recently spoke to Xavier and he MAY revive them, it'd be cool from history perspective).

As for the release itself - well, "Narc" sound a bit too much like discounted "Psychic Teens" from Ritualz. It's a good track, but yeah, knowing Ritualz' style, it sounds off. "Girlz" is all over the place, very random track that feels disorganised, the drums, keys, just doesn't work. "fleshpalace" is obviously one of those classic WH videos with hundreds of thousands of views. Again, big Ritualz vibes, just slower. "Dhyāna" is quite easily my fav track from the EP, slo-zombie-rave mood, there's some MSV in here but overall the song just works, good melody and beats. MSV-influence is also present in "prom queen", the final track of the EP (which was a 'hidden' bonus on the CDR version). It's alright, but nothing super memorable. Overall the release is NOT BAD, but I remember liking it more back when it dropped. One for hardcore witchhouse fans and collectors.

Video single:
Vengeur

Re: GL▲SS †33†H - GL▲SS †33†H EP (2011)

Post Posted

Great release. Not on the insanely high level of the ℑ⊇≥◊≤⊆ℜ split, yet it's still pure Glass Teeth, of which we've got so little. NARC is a huge classic. Girlz does work for me quite well; it's a very "in your face" composition that shines more in the second half. The way I see it, a somewhat disorganized sound is a trait of Glass Teeth in general, and I love it. A legendary entity, the influence of which on me I can't stress enough.