Understudy - Disgrace (2020)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Understudy - Disgrace (2020)

Post Posted

1. Free My Mind
2. Oncology
3. Platitudes
4. Stagger Down
5. Vulgar Display
6. Just Say the Words
7. Through Thick & Thin
8. Sorry
9. Time to Try
10. Dissipation
11. Cut an End
12. Tall Tales
13. For Clarity
14. An Understanding
15. Despair
16. Through the Blinds
17. Disgrace
18. Straight to the Heart
19. Near Enough Now

Free DL:
https://privateexperiment.bandcamp.com/album/disgrace
or
https://understudychicago.bandcamp.com/album/disgrace
"Understudy is the solo project of Jack Brockman, also the vocalist of Civic Center. He is one of the individuals related to the Chicago Research imprint. To this day, Understudy has never released any materials outside the label, and Private Experiment is finally break the myth.

'Disgrace' is a collection of unreleased songs, experiments, and live recordings that Understudy made in 2017-2020. One hour of bleak industrial, not intended for a joyful experience. Echoed vocals, repetitive beats, and dismal atmosphere: it wasn't a graceful encounter after all."
Heavy early witchhouse vibes here, lo-fi industrial, dungeon, witch sound, depressive and dark. There's a bit of oOoOO lurking in the dark as well as King Dude's influence. Digging this, shame I missed out on tapes.
yaka-anima

Re: Understudy - Disgrace (2020)

Post Posted

wow, love it. that cavernous ritual sound, remember me to sleep chamber band mixed with some atelecine vibes.

i don't know if the sound have intentionally that lo-fi quality or if it's a sort of reissue of and old 80's tape. but is very intense and dark.
thanks for share it-
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost:
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Understudy - Disgrace (2020)

Post Posted

I knew you may like this one :) Really cool album, will follow this guy from now on.