Passions - Passions (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Passions - Passions (2010)

Post Posted

1. Wrists feat. G. Reiber
2. Endless feat. G. Reiber
3. Sentiment
4. Composure
5. Silence
6. Amnesia feat. G. Reiber
bonus tracks:
7. A XI
8. Elegiac
9. Zero feat. A. Matsuura

https://passions.bandcamp.com/album/passions

Ok so the personal anecdote time: back in February 2010 I discovered witchhouse through Keyboards is Drunk blogspot (RIP), who introduced me to oOoOO and White Ring. I only knew a couple of tracks, but the blog directed me to Disaro's myspace which just opened my head to this new universe of sounds. And out of all the projects Disaro was hosting on his page, Passions was the first album that just hit me right and made me trust Robert's curation tastes. And while this mini-album is a glorious coldwave/minimal post-punk record, at the time I was 100% convinced that it's how witch house COULD also sound. I took everything with Disaro stamp on it for granted, thinking it's WH. I mean back in 2010 having ethereal female vocals on tracks almost by default put you in the witchy box, and all the contributions from Giselle Reiber are brilliant here. So yeah, my first order from Disaro ever was this Passions CDR, MSV CDR and Modern Witch CDR. If you're into early witch house that's not so witchhouse-y, but also love In Death It Ends - this a record for you.

Also back in 2017 the Spanish label Dead Wax Records remastered it, and pressed it on vinyl. You can order this gem here: https://deadwaxrecords.es/product/passions/
yaka-anima

Re: Passions - Passions (2010)

Post Posted

i always thought that ethereal wave was a big witch house influence at the same level than chopped n screw. This album have a lot of Lycia duo vibes. great work.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: