Morgve - Rise Rise Rise (2022)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Morgve - Rise Rise Rise (2022)

Post by zin »

1. BAD COCAINE
2. SET THE ALARMS
3. GARDEN OF ZILLION ROSES
4. KRAVSHA
5. ENE̶̩͎̠̰̩̍͛̉͐̍̄MY
6. GET U DOWN
7. DOVELIKE
8. DODOTOSHITA

https://morgve.bandcamp.com/album/rise-rise-rise

New album from MORGVE, I haven't touched it yet but am super excited to check it our soon. HALVEKSIVA was epic.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: Morgve - Rise Rise Rise (2022)

Post by zin »

Here's my review from Mutant Zones
Last year's "Halveksiva" took me by storm upon its release in the last days of December, and eventually ended up on my top 20 list for 2021. After teasing the next album for a while, yesterday Morgve finally unleashed "Rise Rise Rise", a 10-track continutation and expansion of the trajectory set on its predecessor. The opener "Bad Cocaine" hits the same sweet spot "Halveksiva" managed to define - it's an underground rave anthem that serves as a natural follow-up to the previous LP, but also a portal to darker territories that lie ahead. While last year album's source material was heavily rooted in post-trap, trance and techno mutations, "Rise Rise Rise" feels more experimental and willing to challenge some of those club music traces by delving deeper into industrial sound design and deconstructed electronica territories (check "Garden Of Zillion Roses" for example). It's a subtle but noticeable shift, which reminds me of IC3PEAK's progression a few years back. That being said, fans of Morgve's more witchy productions shouldn't feel excluded, the last three tracks will satisfy anyone hungry for gloomier and grittier witch house beats. With "Rise Rise Rise" the duo continues to craft their own mini-universe in this post-witch house world, occupying it with sounds that will define the Argentinian (and South American) underground for years to come. Do not miss it and support if you can.