Mater Suspiria Vision / ℑ⊇≥◊≤⊆ℜ - First Flesh: Zombie Rave

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Mater Suspiria Vision / ℑ⊇≥◊≤⊆ℜ - First Flesh: Zombie Rave

Post by zin »

A1 Moonlight Shadow
A2 In My No Religion
B1 House Of The Rising Sun
B2 Posse
When Mater Suspiria Vision's mysterious Zombie Rave mixes started appearing on YouTube a few years ago (all bearing the same cryptic message: "ℑ⊇≥◊≤⊆ℜ /// ℑ is the sign for fictive - ℜ is the sign for real /// Do not believe in everything you see - the owls are not what they seem"), fandom was instant. With a druggy, chopped and screwed editing style and a focus on cult and European horror films, the vids slow down '90s rave music, enhance the beats and coat them with ominous melodies. The results are dark and dreamlike mixes that move your body as if under water. Four tracks: "Moonlight Shadow," "In My No Religion," "House Of The Rising Sun" and "Posse."
I was soooo stoked when this vinyl came out. At the time I was hopelessly wishing for a cassette tape with Zombie Raves to materialize, after some hints were given by MSV here and there on FB/tumblr months before (that eventually happened two years later in 2014), so seeing four of my fav Zombie Rave remixes pressed on vinyl was a joy. Stealthily released by Living Tapes, the record is packed in a very minimalistic manner, with a simple sticker on the shrinkwrap and all info printed on vinyl labels. features tracks lifted from the first few ZR mixtapes: "Moonlight Shadow" from Zombie Rave 3, "In My NO Religion" from the very first ZR mix, "House Of The Rising Sun" from ZOMBIE R4VE, and "Posse" from the МИШКА's "Zombie Rave Special Edition".

Soon after the release of the record Living Tapes took down all mentions of the label and changed the press info to this, probably to save their asses in case someone rats them out (glad it never happened):
The Zombie Rave mixes started appearing on Youtube a few years ago with instant fandom, hype and mystery attached. Druggy Chopped and Screwed editing of Cult films focusing mostly on European horror, the creator of these videos played with 90′s rave music by giving them the self-described ”Zombie Rave” treatment of slowing them down, enhancing the beats and coating with ominous melodies. The result is a dark dreamlike Rave mix that makes your body move with the weight of a dance floor full of water. But who was making this music? who was the culprit?

it still remains a mystery, Boo Ha Ha ha...
Download:
Exclusive content for logged in users.