∆N∆ZT∆Z†∆

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
∆N∆ZT∆Z†∆

∆N∆ZT∆Z†∆

Post Posted

Hey guys, I just recently got into making witch-house after liking IDM, anything shoegazey, and Dj Screw remixes for a long time. It would be really cool if you could give me some feedback on a couple of my songs because, like I said, I'm really new at this. Like one week new. I already took care of the hardest part though, thinking of a sweet DJ name containing triangles and daggers, lol.
http://soundcloud.com/anaztazia
I hope this is okay forum etiquette wise, and that this is in the right place. I'm not just dumping songs here, I plan to stay and contribute and learn. Thanks!!!
teacake

Re: New here!

Post Posted

I'm glad you know they're called daggers.

Your stuff sounds pretty solid, you've got a good grip on the WH sound. Next step I'd say is to take it somewhere unique.
zin
ɅDM†N

Post Posted

I'd be hyped about "Australopithecine" if SALEM never existed... You need to find your own style, right now it sounds like a copy. Same story with "Zira".
✝SLAVERY✝

Post Posted

This is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see what else u come up with
m◊◊nlit

Post Posted

Hey, I liked them a lot. Those were a million times better than what I expected from the above comments. But, with that said, Zin is correct and you should try to find your own sound. I would have liked to have been able to download these as mp3's btw.
huum

Post Posted

I'm new too and I have nothing. But I can say I reckon make it even shoegazier and focus on the percussion to make it sound different from salem and juke
huum

Post Posted

Oh and it's really good man
∆N∆ZT∆Z†∆

Post Posted

zin wrote:I'd be hyped about "Australopithecine" if SALEM never existed... You need to find your own style, right now it sounds like a copy. Same story with "Zira".
I've actually never even listened to salem :/ I had to use google on the security question to register, haha.
I don't even listen to a lot of witch house really, for that exact reason. Someone else's songs get stuck in your head and sneak into your own accidentally. As far as finding my own style, I feel like I do have my own. Once I put more songs up you'll probably start to notice it. And besides, if I wanted to do something super original, I wouldn't be making witch house. Progressions get repeated, there's only so many to pick from. Australopithecine is a pentatonic scale, so of course it doesn't sound super original. That's not what it's about though. I like the slow, ethereal, melodic shit. Something you could smoke DMT and cry to.

I have a new song with a fucked up arp lead, I don't know if that's considered "unique" or not, but I've never heard witch house with arps sooo, yeah. But like I said, I don't really spend a lot of time listening to witch house while I'm trying to write.

I appreciate the feedback though, you and everyone else!!
Oh and I'll enable downloads for you guys.