Trust - TRST (2012)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Trust - TRST (2012)

Post by zin »

Arts & Crafts wrote:Release Date: February 28, 2012
Trust is Robert Alfons and Maya Postepski (Austra).

Formed in 2009, the Toronto-based duo released its first singles, "Candy Walls" and "Bulbform" in 2011 before signing with Arts & Crafts for the 2012 release of their forthcoming debut full length, TRST.

In the last year they've performed with DFA1979, Crystal Castles, Balam Acab, Glass Candy, and Hercules and Love Affair.

Tales of lust, wax, and erotomania carry along on a dense black vapor of speed, space and tears.
Tracklist
1. Shoom
2. Dressed For Space
3. Bulbform
4. The Last Dregs
5. Candy Walls
6. Gloryhole
7. This Ready Flesh
8. F.T.F.
9. Heaven
10. Chrissy E
11. Sulk

The best album of 2012, hands down. Dark and sultry synth-noir pop record that also crawls in the darkwave and witchhouse alleys. Hits as good as it did 10 years ago. Incredible melodies and vocals, I managed to buy it on vinyl back in the day, seriously one of the gems of my collection.

randomexit

Re: Trust - TRST (2012)

Post by randomexit »

I remember seeing this and picking it up at Amoeba records in hollywood ...also bought a Chelsea Wolfe album the same day and both of the album art made me think how much the witch house aesthetic had started to seep into alot of things at the time....alot of people were doing adopting witch house tropes. Great album from front to back
STRFLL

Re: Trust - TRST (2012)

Post by STRFLL »

Amazing album, hands down one of my favourites. Took me a while to fully appreciate it though, some tracks at first felt too weird, but eventually it became a no skip for me