Keflex - Wailing Walls EP (2010)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
zin
ɅDM†N

Keflex - Wailing Walls EP (2010)

Post by zin »

1. Ledge
2. Throat Blood
3. Cold
4. Hands Out

Download directly from SC:

Came across this one on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/release/2435073 ... ling-Walls but I've never heard of this artist. Maybe @yaka-anima can share more info?
Keflex was an alias of Sydney-based Conor Curtis, who was also in a band called The Carnage Visors. Unfortunately the mediafire link is dead but you can still DL the tracks from Soundcloud. I'm curious what is the main artwork for the release, as each track has different cover art. "Wailing Walls" came out in November 2010, so after the first wave of WH, but still managing to capture a bit of that ambigious feel, sitting somewhere between warped chillwave where sun is replaced by moon ("Ledge"), droning hiphop beats on "Throat Blood", werewolf R'n'B ("Cold"), and wobbly bass enchantments on "Hands Out". I can hear some Holy Other there, some Balam Acab, some Ritualz even, but overall the EP doesn't surprise me with anything new. Just... ok. Track 2 heavily samples Sérgio Mendes "Mas Que Nada". My fav cut here is "Hands Out", nice spooky lo-fi house beat with Nike7up-like treatment.
yaka-anima

Re: Keflex - Wailing Walls EP (2010)

Post by yaka-anima »

very good ep, i haven't additional info about the artist. I also just listened this same ep time ago on his soundcloud. Australian artists are very good in dark music.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: