✝⎧RIP⎫✝ - ⬟ ⯰​⫘​⫘​㉓​⫘​⫘​⯰ ⬟ (2023)

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
esꙮteria

✝⎧RIP⎫✝ - ⬟ ⯰​⫘​⫘​㉓​⫘​⫘​⯰ ⬟ (2023)

Post by esꙮteria »

1. ⓢ⊙♫♫☿
2. 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊
3. тнe roвe perѕoɴ wιll eɴd yoυ

Heyo,

I have made some witch house (I think?) for the first time in years, so I will shamelessly share it here. Feel free to give feedback because I probably did some things wrong.

Sorry again aha
:bat: :bat: :bat:
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: ✝⎧RIP⎫✝ - ⬟ ⯰​⫘​⫘​㉓​⫘​⫘​⯰ ⬟ (2023)

Post by zin »

yoooo I did not know you make music, you said "first time in years" - you had a project before this one? do you have some socials for ✝⎧RIP⎫✝?

I will definitely blog about this EP on Mutant Zones, give me a day or two to dive into this release
STRFLL

Post by STRFLL »

yoo this is real good, the melodies are on point.

one thing i'd personally work on more is the drum mixing but other than that really good stuff
esꙮteria

Post by esꙮteria »

zin wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 6:18 pm yoooo I did not know you make music, you said "first time in years" - you had a project before this one? do you have some socials for ✝⎧RIP⎫✝?

I will definitely blog about this EP on Mutant Zones, give me a day or two to dive into this release
I didn't have another witch house name before that, and I meant like, first time in a few years, not that long. I've only released one other EP (arguably barely witch house) and a few tracks in compilations.
I'd be very happy if you blog about it but don't force yourself)
STRFLL wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 8:58 pm yoo this is real good, the melodies are on point.

one thing i'd personally work on more is the drum mixing but other than that really good stuff
Thanks, that means a lot, the melodies are the part I struggle the most with :shock: . I'll try to be better with the drums next time then
zin
ɅDM†N

Post by zin »

esꙮteria wrote: September 5th, 2023, 12:39 pmI've only released one other EP (arguably barely witch house) and a few tracks in compilations.
Please make a thread about it here!

My blog is live: https://mutantzones.blogspot.com/2023/09/rip.html

Pulsing beats, powerful synths, quick rolls of trap-inspired drums, evil and noisy soundscapes, artist's name made of symbols, heck even the track titles are using unicode - ✝⎧RIP⎫✝'s new EP "⬟ ⯰⫘⫘㉓⫘⫘⯰ ⬟" sounds like a 2011/12 revival on all fronts. Published by French DIY label Mekajiki Records, the release may not be boundaries-shattering when it comes to the dark electronic music, but for a person longing to hear some early 10s era witch house, it delivers an all-round experience. Both "ⓢ⊙♫♫☿" and "тнe roвe perѕoɴ wιll eɴd yoυ" sit on the slower side when it comes to BPM, and give me a listen on headphoes-only while walking around town at midnight vibe. "Unihouse" ramps up the tempo and feels like it was made for fun-focused dancefloors covered in cobwebs and soaking in blood. Ultimately "⬟ ⯰⫘⫘㉓⫘⫘⯰ ⬟" is a release that wouldn't exist without White Ring, Ritualz or even MSV coming before it, but being able to draw this connection, and the fact that the likes of ✝⎧RIP⎫✝ continue to carry this torch makes me somehow feel good about the future.
esꙮteria

Post by esꙮteria »

Thanks a lot for the kind blogpost!
I'll make a thread about the other EP someday
yaka-anima

Post by yaka-anima »

very good EP, favorite track: "ⓢ⊙♫♫☿", very intense deep synths. That label "Mekajiki" is very cool, i was always been fan of French experimental netlabels, i don't know why but most french experimental artists are very authentic and creative.
:skull: :ghost: :coffin: :skull: :ghost: