For fans of Burial/Rabit/Amnesia Scanner

General discussion, news, info, new releases etc.
dusthood

For fans of Burial/Rabit/Amnesia Scanner

Post by dusthood »

Hello, I’ve been working on this project for a while and thought it’s not mixed/mastered—I had to do something with all the material I’ve amassed. This is my first “release” for this project. I made these tracks over the past couple years. I was making more witch house oriented tracks but fell in love with the tension present in BK Drill beats. It was originally just meant to be Ambient/Atmospheric Drill…. But the more work I did and the more I was hearing different sounds the more experimental the pieces became. There’s elements of ambient, sound design,witch house, hip-hop, chopped and screwed, shoegaze, audio collage, deconstructed club… is there an audience for this besides myself? Any feeedback would be immensely appreciated. All music was made across two iPads and many apps.

I also pulled this mixtape of pieces together that wouldn’t fit so much aesthetically with what I’m really going for with this project…

To check out the original incarnation of this idea before it got way blown out here’s what was originally going to be the ‘Brow Driller’ ep;

I’d say the biggest influences are Burial and the Bug’s Flame 1 and 2 as well as Rabit’s mixtapes and his “Life After Death” release. Hope someone can find some enjoyment in the grueling process of crafting synths, manipulating samples to play across keys and the COUNTLESS hours programming drums. This is my first project and I’m rather pleased as I have no background in production or audio engineering. It’s not exactly what I wanted to accomplish but when I listen to the first tracks I made… let’s just say the progress is glaringly evident. I’ve been working on slightly more stripped down aggressive witch house-esque sounds lately and plan to release an ep titled ‘Haunted Gatherer’ if anyone has any interest in hearing more from me. Thank you. Glad you all are keeping this sound alive and that the “micro-genre” outlived the fad.
zin
ɅDM†N

Re: For fans of Burial/Rabit/Amnesia Scanner

Post by zin »

dusthood wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 11:28 am There’s elements of ambient, sound design,witch house, hip-hop, chopped and screwed, shoegaze, audio collage, deconstructed club… is there an audience for this besides myself? A
that sounds like my type of stuff, genuinely curious, will give your music a spin soon! I have so many albums to catch up with this weekend, but Ima huge fan off all the genres you mentioned so looking forward to this session

is this your first project / foray into musicmaking?
randomexit

Re: For fans of Burial/Rabit/Amnesia Scanner

Post by randomexit »

really rad stuff. gives me a nice trip hop vibe